Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Time to Play With My New Toy

You can never have enough toys.  At least in my case, because that's how I roll.  I love to play!  Of course, I enjoy the occasional new shoes and clothes but I love toys!  Just the other day I had to go to REI to return something from the myriad of items I purchased the last time I was there.  As I walked through the front doors I told myself, "Just return and go."  From the time the cashier asked, "How may I help you?" to "Have a great day."  I convinced myself to check out their limited items of surf gear.  Cool, didn't really find anything outstanding and started moving towards the exit.  A blaring red "clearance" sign caught my eye and low and behold, a Burton Lux snowboard, 150.  My size.  That's an omen.  So I walked out with a new board.  Go figure.

Today I received my newest toy... the iPhone 4.  Yeah, I know.  I'm not usually one to follow the pack but I did my research and it was the best option for the pretty penny I paid.  So, I neglected my baby (paddle board) today to play with my toy.  The point I wanted to get to with this post is this new app:


How awesome is this!  All I have to do is click the icon for the surf report and bam.. all I need to know in one tap of an icon.  I'm still playing around with it.  Look forward to future posts.

2 comments: