Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How to Cure "Paddle Withdrawals"

Recipe for Paddle Withdrawals

Ingredients
   2 piece swimsuit or wetsuit (depending on the conditions).
   1 set of board and paddle.
   1 billion-trillion (Is that a true number?) gallons of water.

I'm not much of a cook but I can handle this recipe!  If you've been keeping up with my blog, you're probably asking, "How can you have paddle withdrawals when you are a paddle maniac?"



Well, let me explain... injuries.  As much as I don't want to admit it, I'm hurt.  Physically, that is.  I've mentioned the sprained ankle before and I'm not being a baby about it boys!  It's been 3 weeks since I sprained it at the Irvine Mud Run.  Shortly after was my Day 1: First Day, First Wave entry.  What I failed to mention in my blog was that during my first attempt at catching a wave my leash (strapped around my right non-injured ankle) caught around the other ankle and tugged on it as I was pulled underwater.  Ouch! So, this non-surf week is an attempt to recoop my ankle, and other bumps and bruises acquired on my journey to catch more waves.

Question: I'm finding that my leash is constantly catching around my other leg when I fall off a wave.  I'm a natural foot and wear the 9' strap on my right ankle.  Is this something I need to get used to or am I just doing something wrong?  Advice?  Suggestions?  -Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment