Saturday, August 7, 2010

Old but New Gem to Paddle

I had an awesome paddle this morning at La Jolla Shores.  I say "old but new" in my title because even though I've been to La Jolla Shores many times before, I was seeing it through an entirely different lens.  We paddled out to the caves.  While we paddled out, there were leopard sharks and big orange fish (forgot the name) that you could see below us. There were also sea lions laying out on the rocks and a few in the water. 

That's the cool thing about paddling, your board can easily take you to so many cool spots with just a few strokes of the paddle.  I can't wait to explore other amazing places!  Imagine how limitless owning a paddleboard can be.  You can paddle flatwater or surf, ocean or lake, anywhere around the world!  If you haven't paddled you should give it a try.  I guarantee that if you love the outdoors, you'll get sucked into it like me.

A photo of the river mouth in IB before we headed out to La Jolla.


P.S. After a rough day yesterday trying to catch a few waves, I caught a wave coming in from our paddle.  Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment