Saturday, August 21, 2010

An Amazing Morning!

So I checked out a new surf spot with a friend this morning... secret location.  Apparently, I moved up a notch in paddle-world status and was privied access to surf here (it's actually public and local, I just didn't know about it!)  It was the mecca for newbie stand-up paddlers like me.  Don't get me wrong, there were some experienced SUP surfers in the line-up but this time I didn't have the "loner new-kid-on-the-block, trying to act like the big boys" feeling like I sometimes get paddling between the rippin' surfers in IB. 

I met some cool people (even someone who's read my blog!  thx), caught a couple of waves (still need to work on my style--right?!), and saw the most amazing sight that made my day, week and possible month!!

 I saw a couple of dolphins (not unusual), and then a couple more (okay cool), and then they start coming straight at me (was a little nervous)... before I knew it, there were dolphins all around on the inside, playing through the waves right in front of me!  Others behind me and to the right.  I was ecstatic!  I was like a kid walking into Disneyland for the first time, with so much excitement I could hardly contain it.  The dolphins got so close I could have jumped on one and rode it like they do in Sea World (was tempted but not stupid).  Just another reason why I love paddling.  It was one of those moments that will be ingrained in my mind for a lifetime. 

4 comments:

  1. Killer morning! Beautiful San Diego, who would've ever known...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you didn't call in to release the dolphins and bring out the sunshine just for me?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even prettier this (Sunday) morning- I'm making the video right now- should be up tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not cool. You're making me envy missing going out today! Eh, I had a great day with friends. I have a feeling we'll have more days like this my friend.

    ReplyDelete