Monday, August 2, 2010

Cruisin' Watching the Sunset

So as I'm sitting here icing my sprained ankle I'm wondering if paddling today was a good idea. 

Heck ya! 

Earlier, around 7pm, I received a phone call from John, "I'm going paddling".  He didn't have to ask me if I wanted to go, I was already out the door.  Funny because a few minutes before he called I was justifying staying home instead of paddling, such as "I have to finish laundry," "I have to do dishes," and "I really should let my ankle recooperate." (BTW- the ankle injury is from the Irvine Mud Run two weeks ago and not from paddling.)

I rushed out to IB.  It was a totally different scene out on the ocean today.  There were only a few surfers, the waves were small and the water was glassy on the outside. The best part was that I got to witness a beautiful sunset while I was cruisin' the ocean.  How cool is that?!  It was so serene.

Can you see the paddler in the distance on the water?  That's me!
Thanks to Spiderman for taking this awesome photo.


Tonight was not the time to try and catch waves.  My ankle was even more aggrevated by yesterday's paddle and surf session.  I knew it would probably be best not to go but sometimes you get a craving for something you can't control and I just needed my quick fix. 

I wish I could tell you that I caught my second wave but I'm sure you'll read that soon enough.  "Patience little one"... at least that's what I tell myself.






No comments:

Post a Comment