Sunday, August 1, 2010

DAY 1: First Day, First Wave

Today was a beautiful day in Imperial Beach.  The sun was beaming, I paddled past the surf incurring no major injuries, saw a few dolphins, but most importantly, caught my first wave on my first day of paddle surfing.  What a rush!  This was definitely a momentous occasion worth documenting for posterity.  Therefore, here is my first blog.

I first tuned in to paddle surfing while on a trip to Maui a couple of months ago.  I fell in love with the sport just watching it.  When I returned home to San Diego, I was on a mission to go paddle surfing.  I googled it online and found an awesome instructor, John Ashley from Imperial Beach.  He took me out on the flatwater for my first lesson.  After a couple of excursions paddle boarding,  I bought my own SUP board because I knew this was a sport I wanted to dive into.  I went out a couple more times to the flat water but I was really itching to get to the surf.  Well, as you read in the first paragraph, it was the most beautiful day in IB.  I'm still on a high from it all and just needed to share.

I'm sure my journey through paddle surfing will have some interesting and exciting stories, so feel free to check in every now and then.  I'll be as candid as I can, even if it causes some embarassment on my end because I'm sure not every day out will be as perfect as today. 

Thanks for reading and get out on the surf!

Here I am after my first day out.  That's my new baby.. 11x29x4 Takayama.  Note: Fins forward :)


No comments:

Post a Comment