Saturday, August 28, 2010

Perfect Paddle for a Female

There are so many different paddles out there, it can be overwhelming if you're shopping for the first time.  I know I was.  I was fortunate to have a knowledgeable salesperson, plus he is actually a SUP boarder himself.  I bought my paddle at Bob's Mission Surf and I had the man himself, Bob, help me find the right paddle.  I feel I bought the perfect paddle for the price I paid.  Paddles can cost around $200 and up.

 
I ended up purchasing the Kanaha Quickblade.  I love my paddle.  It has a comfortable palm grip and Bob cut it to the perfect length for me.  It's ultra lightweight at only 20 oz.  The blade comes in different sizes.  I chose the small (8.3).  I like to feel the pull through the water when I'm paddling.  I've tried narrower blades, which glide through the water more easily but I prefer feeling the tug.


Notice that I put wax on the shaft.  It get pretty slippery when it's wet so the wax helps with my grip.


Also, Bob put an edge protector because newbies like me tend to hit the sides of the board (rail) and you don't want your baby getting all dinged up.  The best is that my fiberglass blade is a smoking hot red.  You don't have to throw away your fashion-sense when it comes to sports.  I'm not afraid to stand out and you can spot my blade in an instant.


Lastly,  check out the qb headgear.  Don't be afraid to represent!

3 comments:

  1. And... QuickBlade headquarters are here in Ca. just up the road in Costa Mesa- super nice people who really know stand up paddling. Nice cap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think the cap looks good eh? I will just have to add that to my list of places to visit. See you in the water soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, how many inches above your head, is your kanaha Quickblade ?

    thank you

    ReplyDelete