Thursday, September 30, 2010

Countdown to BoP Registration Deadline

It's 10:40pm.  I have to say that today was a weird day.  The past couple of days here in San Diego have been sunny and blazing hot.  So of course, on the day I wanted... no needed to go out for a paddle it started to pour.  That's right.  It was raining AND included thunder and lightning.  What the heck?  I thought to myself, "Is this an omen?"  This morning I was leaning towards registering, now I was teetering again.

"I have until midnight to register so I have some time to think about it."

A couple of hours ago I was sitting in Hennessey's at Pacific Beach.  About half an hour rolls by, while I'm debating with a friend whether or not I should register for the race, when all of a sudden my friend tells me to look up.  And there it was..  the omen, clue, sign, whatever you want to call it, that told me to "just do it!"  The SUP board I signed at the Hennessey's Race hung above my head.  It was a reminder to me that however grueling the race was, it was an awesome experience and I had a great time.  Most importantly, it reminded me that I did it.  I completed the race.

So... after going around in circles,  I did what we all knew was going to be the end result... I registered!  (Yup, right before I logged on to post this.)  So next time I start debating about doing something and ask you and every Tom, Dick and Harry if I should do it... say "Just do it!!"  Of course, assuming that what I want to do is safe and won't harm me or anyone else :)

No comments:

Post a Comment