Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Music to My Ears

I got tired of listening to myself panting and grunting for 3-miles so I went shopping for a waterproof audio device.  It wasn't as easy as I thought.  I went to Fry's first because they have everything in that enormous store.  Nope, they didn't have any waterproof mp3 or a waterproof case for my ipod.  I tried Best Buy.  Still no luck.  I wasn't willing to spend $120 for another ipod(a generation I didn't have and I have 4 ipods!) with the waterproof case.  Hmmm.. let's hit the sporting goods stores.  Just my luck!  This is what I found in Sports Authority:

This is a waterproof armband and case for almost any ipod or mp3.  It cost $69.99, plus tax.  Notice the pink headphones.  They aren't waterproof but I'm not planning on submersing myself in water as I'm paddling.  Even if I happen to fall into the water, I'm hoping I don't go head-under.  They are pretty cheap headphones anyway.  You can submerse the armband.  If you plan on swimming or surfing, you need to purchase waterproof headphones which will run you around $30.  All-in-all, I think I got an awesome deal.  


The best thing about this armband is that it's adjustable--- from scrawny arms like mine to big, muscular arms!  Typically armbands don't fit me but with this one I'm able to place it on snuggly and don't have to worry about it moving around.  Now I just need to find some music that will get me going for 3-miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment