Friday, September 10, 2010

Places to Paddle in SD



Nobody can deny that San Diego is a beautiful city.  There is so much to see and do.  SD is especially known for its beautiful beach towns and SUP boarders have a variety of places to choose from, whether its cruising the bay or shredding some waves.

If you're a local, you may recognize the following spots.  These are some of my favorite places.  See if you can guess where I'm at:

Picture #1: These high rises remind me of the ones in Honolulu.
Picture #2: Recognize this view?  There is an awesome beach to paddle right below.
Picture #3: This beach takes a little longer to get to from where I live in South San Diego
but it's well worth the drive.
Picture #4: This is my go-to place when I just want to get a in a quick cruise for the day.
Picture #5: After paddling this beach, you can head up the hill for a nice hike or leisurely walk.
Picture #6: Where it all started... where I caught my first wave that reeled me
into the sport of SUP surfing.
Check out future posts to find out where these places are.  I'll actually be at picture #1 tomorrow morning watching the Chainsaw Massacre Paddle Races.  I hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Cool post! Some of my favorite spots right there... but I'll never tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i can a name most of them! I see my fav't spot! :D

    ReplyDelete