Saturday, September 11, 2010

Coronado Chainsaw Massacre



Today I got to watch my first competitive SUP race, the Coronado Chainsaw Massacre.  It's a 6.5 miles race that starts at the Coronado Beach to the buoy off of Point Loma and back.  There were prone paddlers and SUPers.  There were only a handful of females in the pack.  As I sat back waiting for the race to start, I imagined myself being out there with the bunch.  I'm a competitor and was definitely itching to be a part of it.

It's almost 11am (late start).  Here the competitors are heading out to finally line-up.


Here's the image that I saw when I thought to myself, "I should be out there!"


Don't get me wrong.  I'm not trying to say that being in a competitive race is easy by any means.  But I'm always in for a challenge.  Hmmm...  the Hennessey's International is coming up in a couple of weeks.  Maybe?

When you're out there in the moment pushing yourself to your highest potential
you ask yourself, "Why am I doing this?" and then you cross the finish line...  that's why!

The best part of any race is watching the competitors complete it.  Imagine their fatigue after paddling 6-something miles, but they seem to get that extra boost of adrenaline as they gain sight of the finish line.   The looks on their faces say it all -- SUCCESS!


No comments:

Post a Comment