Friday, October 1, 2010

No Fluffy In Sight

The San Onofre domes near Dog Patch this morning around 7am.
I was finally convinced to surf Dog Patch today, as evidenced by the photo I took above of the San Onofre power plants.  Recall my post "WTF" or go back and view the video I posted that day and you'll know why it took me so long to get out there. 



We arrived at Dog Patch around 7am.  While we were getting our gear ready to paddle out, a guy pulls up next to us and mentions the shark.  Ughhh!!  That definitely was not a good time to remind me about Fluffy.  Hesitant, I still paddled out.  My mind got the best of me at first.  I fell in the water and freaked out.  I quickly jumped on my board, heart pounding and hyperventilating.  It took me a few moments to compose myself.  When I finally started surfing, I quickly forgot about Fluffy.



I'm definitely not an expert in reading waves but the conditions were definitely prime for me today.  I had quite a few cheerleaders and/or coaches while I was out in the water.  I think the boys just wanted to see the one lonely girl catch a good wave.  I had a good time and can't wait to get back out there on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment