Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away... Surfers Want to Play

Well, it wasn't exactly pouring today but the gloom and drizzle made it horrible for spectators watching the Dempsey Holder Surf Competition in Imperial Beach today.  It's a local surf competition for all ages and honors individuals and organizations that help keep our oceans clean.

I didn't mind getting a little wet to watch the stand up paddle surf competition.  The competition for these guys were held south of the IB pier where the waves were almost non-existent.  The SUP surfers did the best they could with what they had.

Matt Bagby working this little wave.

John Ashley always making it look so easy.

Kristy Murphy, the only female in the line-up.  You go girl!
First place for the SUP surfing division went to Ross McBride.  Congrats!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Liza,
    It was great meeting you out at Dogpatch Saturday morning. I love reading your blog -- you do a great job of capturing the excitement of learning to SUP!

    Hope to see you around.

    -Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jake,
    It was a pleasure meeting you as well. It's exciting to hear that others actually enjoy reading my crazy posts! I'm still learning and enjoying every minute of it. Are you a Dogpatch regular? I hope to run into you again next time I'm out there!

    -Liza

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I can call my self a regular at Dogpatch, but I get down there as often as I can. Definitely will be there tomorrow morning and possibly sunday morning. Need waves!

    ReplyDelete