Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Creating the Ideal Workout Regimen

To create the ideal workout regimen you must first consider your goals (be specific), time frame (short-term and long-term) to reach your goals and how much time you are able to commit to reaching those goals.  Your goals must be attainable and reasonable.  Otherwise, you just set yourself up for failure.

It is important to check your progress.  Don't be afraid to modify your goals if you need to or if you don't want to compromise your goals, then you need to be able to commit more time to reaching them.

Here is my new workout regimen:

SHORT-TERM GOAL: to improve my speed by 5-minutes in completing 4-miles on my Takayama every couple months.  (I know... doesn't seem like a lofty goal but for the time I'm able to currently commit, I think this is reasonable.)

LONG-TERM GOAL: to register in the 2011 Battle of the Paddle and be a top 3 finisher in my division. (I know... this one is a lofty goal but I'm over-confident after what happened at this year's race.)


Reality Check at the Hennessey's Race on how important proper training is.

WORKOUT REGIMEN: Mon- paddle 3 miles, Tue- run 2 miles, Wed- paddle 4 miles, Thur- run sprints, Fri- paddle 5/6 miles, Sat- rest or surf, Sun- rest or surf.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment