Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Quick Glance Back and an Exciting Look Forward

Do the years seem to fly by more quickly as we get older?  2010 just flashed before my eyes and 2011 is here!  As I reminisce the major events that took place for me in 2010, almost half of that year was occupied with Stand Up Paddling.
  • August 1- first day SUP surfing, caught my first wave and wrote my first post;
  • September 25- first SUP 3-mile fun race, Hennessey's Race in San Diego;
  • October 2- first SUP surfboard division win and got to meet legendary Gerry Lopez, Battle of the Paddle in Dana Point;
  • December 25- first minor surf injury aside from soreness and bruising;
Although there are only four bullets, there was a ton of paddling going on between all of it.  I am addicted to SUPing and have modified my life around it so that I'm able to get in the water as much as possible.  Ask my coworkers who deal with my quick-o-change-o routine (from business attire to swimsuit and shorts) after work most days.  If you've been keeping up with my blog, you're probably in the same position.  It was a fast a furious year for me and I'm excited for what lies ahead in 2011.

Look out race world because I'm gonna come out strong with Boga Boards (www.bogaboards.com) supporting me along the way.  This is a new Northern California paddleboard company who has garnered their faith in me.  We are both fairly new in the SUP industry and I have confidence that we will grow in strength together as the year progresses.  

Thanks to all my followers and readers.  It feels good knowing that there are actually others aside from mom and dad who are willing to read my blog.  I hope that keeping up with my SUP experiences offers you some knowledge, insight or humor as I learn from day to day.  Your comments are much appreciated so keep bringing 'em!  

Lastly--- Have a FABULOUS 2011 !!

No comments:

Post a Comment