Friday, January 28, 2011

Dreaming About Southern Baja

During the holidays, my good friend John took his annual trip to Southern Baja. You may have read about it on his blog www.paddlesurf.net Everyday I'd log in to check out what was going on with John and his surf crew. I'd drool over the surf photos wishing it was me on one of those waves. While the boys were basking in the sun, I was purchasing a thicker wetsuit so that I could handle the San Diego's cold winter (in reality, low 60s isn't that cold to some but I'm a female and we tend to get cold easily).

A Baja trip is definitely on my "to do" list. The first thought was to grab a couple of my girlfriends and plan a road trip. I realize that this can't be a spontaneous roadtrip (which I tend to like doing). It takes much planning and preparation. The other thought was "will it be safe for a carload of females to travel by car to get to Southern Baja?"

Today as I was checking out different You Tube videos on Stand Up Paddle, I ran into this one by Kristie Murphy. If you recall, I posted a video of her nose riding.  She is the Surf Queen on a longboard and I enjoy watching her videos.  After watching this one, I'm inspired to continue my plans for a Girls Road Trip to Baja!




But while I'm in the planning phase, any words of advice and suggestions such as the best dates to travel, where to stay, places to visit, etc. is welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment