Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yipee...Snow and Surf All in a Weekend!

What a beautiful weekend indeed.  The sun was blazing and the surf was just right.  And even with the sun on fire, the mountain peaks were still packed with snow because of the recent rains and cold weather.  Yes, our weather can be unpredicable and random but I love where I live. Both the snow and beach are right in my backyard.  Well, almost.  The beach is a quick 15 minutes drive and the snow resorts take about 2 hours. 

Amber, the Australian exchange student staying with us, was stoked to experience the snow yesterday and the Coronado Bay today.   It was her first time to see and play in snow and her first time to go stand-up paddling or shall I say, sit-down paddling.  It's always fun taking someone out paddling for the first time.  I'm reminded about how far I have come since the first time I jumped into the water. 

Here's Amber throwing her first snowball of many that day.
The Aussies with their host students.
Amber "almost" stand-up paddling.  

On a side note-- I have to mention that I was able to gain some confidence during my great surf session this morning in Coronado before we went paddling in the afternoon and I can't wait to go back out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment