Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Paddle Worth Looking At

What another amazing day surfing at Dogpatch!  After last weekend's fun session,  I couldn't wait to get back.  Today was the day!  Surf was prime and the sun was beaming.  We arrived at 7am and surfed until about noon, with a break in between of course.  There were long lulls between sets and this allowed me the chance to chat with a few people who were out on the water with me.

Gnarly looking paddle.  How'd you like to get stabbed by that thing?!

This is Steve.  He didn't even get his hair wet the entire time we were out on the water!  He caught my attention with the wooden paddle he was paddling.  Steve is a carpenter who makes his own paddles and updated me on his next wooden paddle design.

These are Steve's personal collection of paddles he uses for SUP surfing.

Steve also custom designs tables and mirrors like the ones below:

Up top is a surfboard shaped bench and below is a mirror.

Thanks Steve for tuning me in to that wave which became my best wave of the day!  Catch you out on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment