Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ready for Breakfast #2

In a previous post, I mentioned that the best part about surfing early in the morning, aside from catching an ultimate wave, is the post-surf-breakfast meal.  The past couple of weeks I have been surfing Coronado with one of its local residents, Mike.  He tuned me in to a great breakfast spot located in the heart of the village called Clayton's.  This humble little diner exudes a early 70's style that brings me back to "Happy Days".  We usually sit on the comfy stools at the bar.  If you're lucky, you can get a table but don't press your luck if you're not willing to wait awhile.  Clayton's can get busy, especially on the weekends and holidays when the visitors come through. 



I usually order the basics: eggs, hash and toast but check out this meal that my neighboring breakfast-eater ordered:


So if you every surf early in Coronado, swing by Clayton's afterwards for a hearty breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that place is still opened...?? I, once upon a time, use to run through there frequently. Good stuff indeed.

    ReplyDelete