Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Meal Made for a Champion

Filet Mignon, brown rice and sweet potatoes.
Unbelievable as it seems, this is my dinner tonight.  You're probably wondering if I'll even finish it all.  Yep, I'll finish it easily.  I've been an "oinker" since I started training.  I'm eating a meal every couple of hours (they don't all look like this one), mostly consisting of proteins and greens.  I've piled on the brown rice and sweet potatoes because I need to start carb-loading for the race on Sunday.

Three months ago you wouldn't have seen red meat on my plate.  I was strictly a chicken and fish kind of girl... mainly fish.  I started to add lean meats to my diet to have a variety in the meals we were eating.  I cook all of our meals most of the time.  When before my training it was vice-versa.  My kid and I were always eating out and when I cooked, it was more like warming up food in the oven.

We've both seen a difference in our bodies.  We're definitely leaner.  I've always been an athlete who thought ate pretty healthy.  But on this healthier diet, I'm feeling stronger and more energenic.  Strength + Energy = A completed 12-mile race on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment