Thursday, May 26, 2011

First in the Series

I decided this morning to compete in the entire Hennessey's Series.  So what does this mean?






First, I had to take tomorrow off from work because the first in the series is the Return to the Pier race in Hermosa Beach.  It's a late afternoon race so I'm curious to see how the conditions will be... windy and choppy?  Also, I'm not familiar with the surf in Hermosa Beach so I hope it's not too difficult to get inside.  


The second race in the series is the Hobie Waterman's Challenge next weekend.  I've already sent in registration for the 6-mile "pro" race.  This race involves cash prizes... woo hoo!  And that means there will be some hungry competitors... hungry to win!


The third race is the South Bay Dozen in Torrance.  I lived in LA for about 5 years and I can't even remember going to Torrance Beach.  There is a beach there?  I always thought it was just Redondo Beach.  This will be my last race before I head out to South Africa for our visit to an orphanage my daughter and I fundraise for and a surf trip.


When we return from SA, I'll have plenty of time to train for the Hennessey's World Championships in Hermosa Beach.  This will mark my ONE year anniversary with SUP racing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment