Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Amped Up for Moonlight Beach



This Saturday is the Moonlight Beach Paddle Race.  The last race I competed in about a month ago was the Seaside Slide, which started at Cardiff and we circled a buoy off of Moonlight Beach.  All I remember are those damn kelp beds!  I'm hoping not to fall in this time.  I have a new fin that tracks well so I'm hoping to do better.

I've decided to do the shorter 3-mile race.  My confidence coming into this race is better because it's a shorter race and I've really been working hard to prepare the last couple of weeks since I've been back to San Diego from my travels.  I know 2 weeks doesn't sound like sufficient time to train but I think for the short distance, I've prepared enough to finish strong (or at least I'm hoping).  My only concern is the beach start and finish.  It's tough going through the surf on a light raceboard.  Because of this I was tempted to race my Alii surfboard but I figure if I was able to get out there during Seaside Slide in big surf, I should be okay.  I'm sure my Boga and I will get out just fine (that's what I keep telling myself). 

I'll post how it all went after the race on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment