Thursday, June 2, 2011

Getting My Priorities in Order

I am a Mother, Educator, SUPer, Friend... in that order.  I try to put SUP on top of the list when I can but I have my priorities in order.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have such a great kid! (She just told me that she has a 165% in Japanese, 102% in Intermediate Algebra, 100.2% in English and "just A's", rather than A+s, in her other courses for her final grades.)  This past month I've basically been able to SUP mostly at races.  I know.. not good to not train but I'll take what I can get.  I'm just venting right now because I have the Hennessey's Waterman this Saturday at Doheny and I haven't touched the water since Sunday.  Bummer.

Something to look forward to--- tomorrow is the last day of school.  Therefore, no more chauffeuring to school, dances, activities, practices and games AND no office work for the next 6 weeks (for the most part).  So SUPing can move to second on the list and that means more playtime!!

Your wondering if I have any friends because they are last on this list.  Of course I do!  But to be honest, I don't see my non-SUP friends as often as I used to.  Unless they jump on the bandwagon and join the SUP trend like every Tom, Dick and Harry is doing right now (and believe me, I'm on no bandwagon.. I truly love the sport), they won't get too much face time from me.  I do have my evenings to hang out but usually I'm too tired from a day of running around or I'm turning in early to race or go surf the next day.

So today I'm venting, like I usually need to on days I don't get to play in the water.  But after tomorrow my priority list changes and I'll get to SUP my heart out for the next 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment