Monday, June 20, 2011

Good Hearts Aren't Difficult to Find

I'm counting down our departure to South Africa-- exactly 4 days, 16 hours and 35 minutes.  My daughter and I will be near Cape Town for the first week, close enough to work with the HOKISA orphanage and also close to the Muizenberg beach for surf.  Then, we'll be traveling up the coast of the Garden Route and Eastern Cape in search for more surf and flat-water paddling.

As we're preparing for our journey to work with the HIV/AIDS-infected orphans, we've run into some amazing people with generous hearts.  I am so grateful to everyone who attended our fundraising screening of the movie, Themba, and all proceeds will go directly to HOKISA to help pay for high nutritious food and medicines.  Also, thank you to those who have donated the items below:  (I'm sure your generosity will come back to you ten-fold.)

Josh, Ocean Minded, donated this box full of caps.
Look forward to seeing a picture of the HOKISA kids wearing them!

Nylie, Framed for Hope (www.framedforhope.com), donated these cameras
and a laptop for our HOKISA project.
Look forward to hearing more about what we did with the cameras when we return.

Reid, Stand Up Paddle Magazine, donated a few surf jackets,
caps and Kaenon sunglasses.

I can't thank everyone enough for all of their generosity.  I only wish you could be there with me when I present all these goodies to the children.  I'll do my best to capture the brilliant looks on their innocent faces when they see everything.  Stay posted-- I'm hoping to blog during the course of our travels to share our experiences with the children and the amazing surf and paddle spots we'll find along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment