Friday, June 24, 2011

Blue Crush 2

I attended a screening for Blue Crush 2 the other week at Surf Diva in La Jolla.  I'm not a huge fan of the first movie, aside from the surfing scenes, but my daughter is and I was hoping to grab some swag and the sequel movie for her.  I've been to La Jolla Shores many times but never took the opportunity to run into Surf Diva.  It's a cute little boutique.  There is the usual surf clothing lines for sale, but what struck my interest was the handmade jewelry they sold made by local vendors.  (I ended up buying a really cool handmade ring.)  Surf Diva is also a big provider for surfing lessons done in the area.  Their quaint little store was stocked with surf boards and I noticed a couple of standos.  (At least they're headed in the right direction!)

Izzy is on the left and that's Shelby, journalist, on the right.

Wahoo provided the refreshments, which included fish and chicken tacos/ burritos.  As I cruised the store and ate some goodies, I met some really cool people.  I was greeted warmly by sister owners Izzy and Coco.  Izzy stand up paddles so I was stoked to meet a fellow SUPer.  And then I ran into this little girl who wanted to show me a picture.  It was the price tag on one of the Surf Monkey shirts.  She made me look more closely at it until I recognized that it was her in the picture.  Check out the smile.  Isn't she adorable!!

Surf Monkey creator/owner, Beth, with her adorable
daughter, Elena, whose picture you can find on all the price tags.

If you're ever in La Jolla and have a moment, walk into Surf Diva.  It can be a one stop shop if you're looking for clothes, beach shoes, cool gifts, surf gear and even baby clothes.

Surf Diva is located at 2160 Avenida De La Playa.





No comments:

Post a Comment