Sunday, June 19, 2011

Checking Out of Reality

It was a tough emotional week, sucking out all of my energy and enthusiasm for anything.  I needed to get away.  I needed to recharge.  So when the opportunity arose, I took it -- surf trip!  This was my first time to Zihuataneo and my first major surf trip.   I didn't know what to expect.



It was all that I hoped for and more... sleep (much needed), eat (absolutely delicious), surf (warm enough for sans-wetsuit) and happy hour (all day)!  It was time to be selfish and only think about me and what I wanted.  I left the responsibilities of home, work and mother.  It was as if I suspended time for the moment and lived in a dream.  I loved not having to wake up to an alarm clock or knowing what time it was during the day.  I loved not having to worry about showering, wearing make-up or fixing my hair.  It was easy to pick something to wear in the morning-- swimsuit, and I could wear it all day if I wanted (recycling from wet to dry throughout the day).  Best of all, I got to hang out with some amazing friends and made some fabulous new ones.

How'd ya like waking up to that every morning.  Sweet.
Muy delicioso!  Yep- that's a stiff margarita on the side :)
Hard to see but that's my laundry-- swimsuits hanging out to dry
and that little black case was my boom box for the trip.


2 comments:

  1. looks the the perfect getaway! hope the waves are good. are you surfing and SUPing too?
    aloha,
    jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SUP surf but did have a friend push me into a couple of small waves to regular surf for the first time. It was a great time... definitely the perfect getaway. I can't wait to go back! ~Liza

    ReplyDelete