Thursday, November 11, 2010

Try It... You Might Like It

Okay, I'm usually not the type of person who follows the pack.  I like to do my own thing and if others want to follow, that's their perogative.  But in this case, I might be considered a follower.  I was convinced by a friend who supported her sales pitch with evidence that got me hooked.  I'm sure you've probably heard about these or have even seen them.  It's the new craze in all sports. 



These bracelets contain a halogram that is said to help balance your energy.  When you wear the bracelet, you gain more power, balance and flexibility.  Also, it is said to improve circulation, stress tolerance, reduce inflammation and improve sleep.  My friend was able to convince me to buy one by doing a few tests (flexibility, strength and balance) on me without, and then with the bracelet.  I showed improvements on each test with the bracelet on.  So I bought one.

This is my second day wearing the bracelet.  I haven't noticed a difference in my general everyday energy and strength.  I did use it paddling 4-miles and found that I shaved a few minutes off my usual finishing time.  But I guess this could be due to better wind and tide conditions as well.   I already hear the skeptics saying, "It's a psychological thing".  Yeah, it can be... and I'm okay with that.  If wearing this bracelet will improve my performance for SUP racing, then it's well worth the $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment