Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Rewards for Getting Up Early to Surf

I'm never troubled with getting up at 6AM to get ready for a morning surf.  I'm always revving to go.  It's the best time to get out in the water.  You can easily find parking, there usually isn't a crowd of surfers in the line-up AND you finish just in time to eat a hearty breakfast!

You work up a good appetite with SUPing in the morning and I always try to reward myself with a good breakfast.  Since I started Stand-Up Paddle Surfing, I have been able to hit up some great breakfast places.  I'm a little leary about giving away some of the names of these restaurants because I'd hate for them to get overcrowded when I'm there (some already are) but these are gems you'll find out about them sooner or later if you're a regular in the beach areas.  I'm not going to give them all away at once.  No way!  You need to earn this valuable info by keeping up with my blog.  So today, I'll let loose on a favorite in La Jolla.  This place is located right up the hill from La Jolla Shores-- COFFEE CUP.  It's an understated, small restaurant located on Wall Street.  Don't blink or you might just miss it.

Here's what I ordered this past weekend:
I ordered the scrumptious Coffee Cup French Toast.  This is not your typical order of french toast!  They are reminiscent of warm cinnamon buns, topped with blueberry puree and powdered sugar.  Yummy!  If this isn't enough to fill you up (boys), you can order eggs and potatoes on the side.  Other delicious items on the menu include Blueberry Banana Pancakes, a Power Breakfast Burrito, Zen Breakfast and for the big boys-- Roast Beef Hash and Eggs.  Next time you're in La Jolla for a paddle, try the Coffee Cup and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment