Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Traveling with a Blow-Up

I love to travel.  As a matter of fact, I have a few big trips coming up and I'm looking forward to it. But even on the road, you need to make sure all your needs are met and that's where the blow-up can be convenient. It's compact, can be stowed easily on an airplane and in the trunk of a car.  Best part: it takes a few pumps to get it straight and hard. 

By just using one of these
my urges to get into the water, no matter where I travel to, can be satisfied. 



I met this man who was traveling with a Shubu, "Show Up, Blow Up", inflatable paddleboard by Boardworks.  I had my doubts but when he pumped it up, it was pretty sturdy and firm.  It didn't take much time to get it inflated.  To deflate it, you just pulled on a valve to release the air and roll it up.  It's 10' long, 4" thick and made out of durable rubber.  He says that it's great for flatwater paddling but is a little bumpy out on the surf.  I picked up the bag and it couldn't have weighed more than 30lbs.  What a great invention!  I think this is a great investment for a paddler who is always on the go.   

Can you tell which one is the inflatable SUP board?

No comments:

Post a Comment