Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So Many Stories... Just a Synopsis




We paddled the Knysna Lagoon. That's the Heads in the background. It was nice to catch up with friends here and attend the Knysna Oyster Festival, which they are well-known for. I had a ton of oysters prepared in different ways. Downside- I got food poisoning from a bad batch... Ouch.




Visited Jeffrey's Bay and saw Supertubes, which wasn't really cranking the couple of days we were there but the delicious surfers made up for it and distracted me from my stomach ailment. They were setting up for the Billabong Pro while we were there. We also couldn't miss going to the Billabong Outlet (everyone raves about it) and eating at the Walskipper. Most importantly, we made some cool new friends who invited us to surf in Mossel Bay the next day.




Most memorable experience of the entire trip! How many people can say the've SUPed next to a Southern Right Whale? I can!! More about it later. (I'm having issues trying to upload the video so you'll have to wait to see it on a later post.) I promise you that the whale is there. It was only me out there so that's the best still shot I have.




Here I am with my buddies, Paul and Mitch, after my second sprint race. I didn't do as well as I wanted (to beat Brigette again) but I was still a little ill and exhausted from the food poisoning (at least that's my excuse). I beat my previous time by a minute, this time riding " The Clog".




I finally got Dakotah out on the ocean. It was a nice, calm day so I convinced her to paddle out to the Celi. Check out my girl! Of course, "Green Peace Child" started complaining about the oil spillage from the wreck.

Just a few more days and we're back in Cali. I do miss home and my warm, cozy bed. Look forward to more when we return.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Cape Town, SA

No comments:

Post a Comment