Friday, July 1, 2011

And the Fun Continues...




Cruised around Intaca Island to check out the race course for this Monday. It looks like I'll be joining in the fun on this Starboard (of course while wearing my BOGA gear to represent!). Check out the glassy conditions- which they tell me is always the case.




This is a bird's eye view of Muizenburg. I'm hoping to surf this spot soon.




The children presented their photos today for the photo journal project. Each were asked to take pictures of things, people, etc that are significant to them and had to present their favorite photos to the group. Here is Leletu showing her favorite photo.




We gave each kid a hat and stickers that were donated by Ocean Minded. Here is Nontombi being silly.




We ate lunch at Noordhoek Farms. The kids enjoyed playing on the playground and the teens sat and talked to Dakotah.

Lastly, surfed "the wreck" at Dolphins Beach. It's a Turkish ship that got stuck last year and was abandoned by the Captain. The City blew out a whole on the side of it yesterday hoping it would fall apart. They are planning on sinking or towing it out somehow. "The Wreck" causes awesome, mushy waves right in front of it. I surfed the Starboard Whopper (10x34), which surprisingly caught some speed on these waves. Yesterday I was told not to surf because it was way overhead. Today's surf was more manageable for me- waist but mostly shoulder high. There were a few head high that I let the big boys deal with. We have an early morning surf tomorrow as well. Can't wait! I want to surf it as much as I can before they take it away.

Look forward to pics from "the wreck" surf session soon.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment