Saturday, December 25, 2010

My First Christmas Present

My family celebrates Christmas Eve so I probably went to bed around 2:00 am last night, or shall I say this morning.  Do you think that stopped me from getting up at 6:00 am this morning for an early Christmas surf?  Okay yes, I got up at 7:00 am instead.  It wasn't an ideal day for surfing-- gloomy and small surf but it was still great being out there on Christmas day.  Everything went pretty smooth and easy until...

Glad I painted my toenails yesterday :)

I somehow acquired a nasty cut on the bottom of my big toe.  I didn't notice it until I saw all the blood on the pad of my board.  I continued surfing for a while and it continued to bleed.  It wasn't painful until I finally got out and the stinging sensation kicked in (or maybe my foot wasn't numb anymore from the cold water).  I couldn't let it ruin the routine trip to breakfast after surfing so we taped it up.  Painters tape works well but any would have done the trick.


It's not a huge cut but deep enough to cause some throbbing pain.  Basically like a huge paper cut on my toe.  The toughest part was cleaning the sand out of the wound.  Ouch!  I'm hoping that this is as bad as it gets with my surf injuries but I have a feeling that it's only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment