Saturday, December 4, 2010

Guest Blogger: Through My Daughter's Eyes

Since my mom's discovery of stand up paddling in Maui, I noticed so many changes in her lifestyle and attitude. In Maui, she was so intrigued by the locals who were paddling, she was inspired to try it out herself. My mom has always been the kind of person to fight to reach those ever so distant dreams. However, she is also the person who thinks not placing in your first race is unacceptable. For all the things we do, like snowboarding, volleyball, even traveling, I have never seen her be more passionate than stand up paddling. Her perseverance is exceptional. She aspires to paddle everyday to improve on her speed and surf skills.

From going to competitions, watching my mom practice and even attempting to paddle myself, I've notice how much stand up paddling has stemmed. It has spread to the rest the world. Paddle boarding is a huge investment and at first I was against my mom buying a board. But I caved when my mom told me that unlike surfing, you can paddle anywhere you go. All you need is water. I liked how whether it's an ocean, bay, lake, river or even a pool, all you need is a board, paddle and a smile to have a fun workout and hobby. I am proud that my mom has found a exhilarating sport that is fun and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment