Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Journal for Surfers

Many of us already own one of those free tide books you can get at many surf shops.  These typically show simple charts displaying the daily tide changes.  But this is not your typical tide book:


This TIDELOG for Southern California charts tides, currents, moon, sunrise & sunset, planets and even meteor showers.  I will be using it as a journal as well by writing a brief summary about each of my surf sessions on the appropriate date.  By doing this, I'll learn which conditions are ideal for me while recording my progress.


This tidelog even has an explanation on how the moon and planets affect the tide.  It's very informative (maybe more than some of us want to know) but it helps to learn about what affects the tides and eventually know how to tell if surf conditions may be right for you even without a tide book.

No comments:

Post a Comment