Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lucky Me... A Visit to The Shaping Tree

Welcome to the Stamps Shop in Seal Beach

How awesome is it that I was able to get a personal tour of the Stamps Shop by THE man himself, Tim Stamps.  When I arrived, he was shaping out a custom board, with googles and mask on, covered with foam dust.  I got to see each of the processes involved with making a surfboard!  I'm sure you can tell through my excitement that it's something I haven't witnessed before.  I was stoked to be able to watch the guys shaping, painting and glassing the boards.

Tim Stamps showing me the proper way to install the pad on a SUP board.

I first met Tim at the Sacred Surfboard Expo in SD this summer.  He is such a down to earth guy and definitely knows a thing or two about creating custom boards.  He's been shaping boards since he was a teenager.  He shapes all types of surfboards, including stand-up.  If you ever find yourself near Seal Beach, drop by the Stamps Shop and you'll be showered with hospitality.  But watch out for their guard dog...

Here's Cowboy guarding the Shaping Tree.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the Wizard of Westminster! Maybe the shaping tree has one on it for you... you never know.

    ReplyDelete