Monday, August 15, 2011

The Heat in Tahoe

This past weekend I spent in Lake Tahoe at the Tahoe-Nalu SUP event. I heard all the stories about last year's event-- cold, blown out, and disorganized so I arrived with little expectations. I didn't expect a huge crowd and hoped it wouldn't be as bad as it was last year. On the contrary, the weather was beautiful, the lake was glassy for the race and there were a ton of participants and spectators.




Previously, I've only traveled to Tahoe for snowboarding. I didn't even bother checking out the lake because there was no reason to. With SUPing, you better believe I'll be back during the summer months.

Many families were in attendance. It was great to see so many people trying SUPing for the first time, especially children. I was happy to represent BOGA, who had their demos constantly being picked up for trial by newbies and veterans alike. BOGA boards were catching everyone's attention. (But beware for impostors! I heard someone came out with a line that looks way too similar. Go with the real deal please.)




Here's a pic of team BOGA: (L-R) Trish, Ben, Dino, Me and Dave. An awesome crew of people (including myself :)




There was so much going on at the Tahoe-Nalu that I can't possibly write about it all in one post. Look forward to more stories and photos, including the Elite race.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Lake Tahoe

No comments:

Post a Comment