Thursday, August 4, 2011

Better Late Than Never

I grew up in San Diego, where the sun is always shining and I had unlimited access to beaches a short drive away. My travels to the beach were much different. I traveled pretty light-- no wetsuit, surfboard or paddle. I hate to admit it but when I was younger my tote to the beach only included a towel and sunblock. I was a sun worshiper and hardly went into the water. If I did, I'd most likely come out with my hair still dry. There was a short time in junior high (not long ago) when I was into boogie boarding but most of the time I just liked going past the break and laying on my board enjoying the serenity and soothing movements of the ocean. I look back and think, "If only I knew what I was missing." But I guess it wasn't my time. My time is NOW and I'm appreciating every moment of it. Even at age XX, I still have plenty of time to improve and enjoy my new joy of Paddle surfing. But I wonder: If I started surfing sooner would I be just as graceful as my friend Nathan? I'll get to that point... Just give me a little more time. For now, enjoy this video of one of my new friends from South Africa. He is currently 9 years old and participated in the Canal Races with me. (No, he didn't beat me! Close though.)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Chula Vista, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment