Tuesday, April 5, 2011

PB, no locals... not Pacific Beach- Pismo Beach

My mom has these photos of me from when I was a toddler playing in the sand under a pier.  She told me it was Pismo Beach, a place we often visited when we went up North to visit my Aunt.  Last month, on my way to a conference in Monterey, I was able to visit Pismo Beach for the first time as an adult.  It's a long strand of beach where you can surf, fish, camp and ride dirt bikes.  

There's the infamous pier in the background.
I love that you can drive right on to the beach.  Just be careful though, don't get overconfident and get stuck in the sand like these boys almost did.

That truck you see there is not moving.  His wheels are turning but...
He eventually got out.  The campsites are on the other side.
It looks like you'll have to cruise through some water to get there.
Hopefully you have a raised truck or an amphibious one!
My good friends are "desert rats", while I'm the "beach bum".
Check it out guys.. a compromise?
Pammie- RSVP at Pismo Beach and we'll all be happy campers!

2 comments:

  1. I love California- especially when it looks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! And it's always "good times" when you go with friends!

    ReplyDelete