Monday, April 11, 2011

Hello From Hungary!

Wow, what a crazy few days I've had.  Time just flies by when you're having fun for sure.  Well, it did take a couple of days to get here in the first place.  We left for Budapest on April 9th and arrived on April 10th.  I would have blogged last night but I couldn't figure out all the security questions I was being asked because it was all in another language!  Anyway, I just got the receptionist to translate and viola...


We had a layover in Chicago and I ran into this huge advertisement on the wall with a Stand-Up Paddler.  So cool but it only made me miss being in the water even more.


The toughest part about being on vacation is trying to stick to the training diet.  I think this one came close enough... Chicago's deep dish, spinach and tomatoe pizza!


I also made up for it today by having a fresh-squeezed carrot and orange juice smoothie while walking through the flea market in Budapest.  It was delicious!  Although... I do have some more making up to do.  I had nutella-filled dumplings, a rasberry cheesecake and chocolate fudge cake covered in a rich, dark chocolate coating!!  Of course not all at one sitting.  But this is only our second day here and I've already damaged by health diet drastically.  I'll have to step up my cardio workouts for sure when I get back. 

Budapest is a beautiful city.  We rode a boat this evening down the Danube River, which separates the Buda and the Pest (therefore the name).  I thought to myself that it would be a great river to SUP.  Everything looks much better in the evening because all the large monuments and significant buildings are lit up. 

I'd love to send more posts but I can't promise.  I'll just have to wait and hope that the other hotels I stay at have internet access. 

No comments:

Post a Comment