Monday, February 7, 2011

Ready for Breakfast #3

If you've driven the 5 North Freeway past San Clemente, then you've probably seen this sign before:


So many years I've driven past this sign and wondered about the restaurant.  The understated sign always stirred my curiosity but I never stopped to eat there until recently.  It's located a few miles north of my favorite surf spot, DogPatch.  When you walk into the restaurant, you're greeted by classic actors such as Marilyn Monroe, James Dean and Charles Bronson plastered on the walls in black and white.  The booths are a two-toned blue and white leather, all named after different legendary icons.

I'm an omelette fiend.  So I've tried their greek omelette, veggie and the classic ham and cheese.  They were all delicious!  They not only cook up great breakfasts but they stir up a mean shake as well.  After a hard core surf session, a shake with breakfast is your hard earned bonus.

So next time, don't just drive by Tommy's.  Take the next exit and visit them for a scrumptious breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment