Saturday, February 26, 2011

BRRR... It's Cold Out Here

OMG, it's been getting pretty cold lately!  And when I'm cold, I'm not happy.  Usually my 3/2 O'Neill is enough to keep me warm but the wind chill has been ridiculous that I needed to get a thicker suit.  I ordered a 4/3 O'Neill D-Lux with the fluid seam construction and now I am a happy camper.


When I'm warm, I don't prematurely come out of the water.  This winter in my 3/2 I was only able to hang in the cold for about an hour before I started shivering.  Along with my boots and cap (I finally gave in and wore a hood), I can stay out as long as I want and not worry about getting cold.  Next weekend I'll be putting it to the true test in Northern Cal where the water is much colder and the winds are usually stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment