Thursday, February 10, 2011

Not Again! WTF!

You've probably already heard that a Great White was spotted 500 yards off the coast of La Jolla Cove.

The lifeguards said that the Great White was a baby, measuring about 5 feet in length.  Many swimmers weren't phased and still jumped in the water because it was a baby.  I don't know about you, but I'd still be scared for my life if I was approached by a 5 foot baby Great White in the water!

Swimmers warned after shark seen near La Jolla Cove
This photo is not of the shark spotted in La Jolla.

I've almost forgotten about the shark sightings caught on video by stand up paddler Chuck Patterson last year in San Onofre.  Now that I'm reminded that we share the ocean with these large, man-chewing creatures, I hope it doesn't effect my confidence in jumping into the surf, especially at Dog Patch.  I know I shouldn't be naive about sharks being in the water.  But I'm better off not knowing information regarding how close sharks really are to me while I'm surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment