Monday, May 1, 2017

Where in the World is Liza?

I never thought I'd be blogging again.  For one, I started this blog years ago to capture my journey starting as a newbie stand-up paddler to hopefully a ripping' surfer.   I'm not in the water stand-up paddling or surfing very much these days.  Sadly, I'm still not doing cut-backs but there are so many other fun adventures that I'd like to share, such as swimming with sea lions, motorcycle fun on the track and driving cross-country with my daughter, Dakotah.  

In two weeks, I'll be flying one-way to Atlanta.  Then Dakotah and I will jump in her Subaru Outback to travel 3,000 miles to San Diego.  We'll have 10 days to discover cool places and experience the extraordinary.  We're not "foodies" or interested in seeing typical big cities, unless they have an unusual thing to offer, such as the largest urban bat colony that emerges from under the Congress Avenue Bridge in downtown Austin, Texas.  (I'll attempt to take an amazing picture of the bats in action with my new 360 camera.)

We don't have a solid itinerary, meaning we're flexible on places to go or see.  There are a few things that are already on the list of must-sees but other than that, we'll truly be wandering across country.  

Not our route for the trip but just to give you a sense of the miles we'll be traveling.

We'll do our best to post on the road.  Follow us on this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! We will be stoked to read about the adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cat! If anything, there should be a bunch of cool pics along the way!

    ReplyDelete