Monday, June 11, 2012

BOGA Fun Day


Yesterday I had a BOGA Fun Day with some friends.  A few of them were trying it for the first time.  It's almost unbelievable how popular stand-up paddling has become in just the (almost) 2 years since I've jumped on board.  Below is shot of the spot where I'd go and train on the water.  I liked it here because it was quiet and secluded.  Rarely did I see any other SUPs in site, such as in this photo.

My baby girl enjoying the serenity of the bay.
In less than an hour from the time of our arrival, swarms of people set up camp along both sides of us.  Most of them were there to stand up paddle.  I'd say there were about 15 stand up paddlers on that tiny strip of beach.  I was shocked!  I was happy to let everyone jump on the BOGAs of course but now when I'm looking for a quiet place to paddle I'll have to go to...  (not telling of course.  Let's see how long before this new place gets discovered.)

No comments:

Post a Comment