Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mission Bay Paddling: There's a lot to see! - Part II

While paddling around Mission Bay last week, we ran into this guy:


He decorated his kayak for the Row for the Cure.  Row for the Cure is an event that raises awareness and funds to support the fight against breast cancer.  You can support the cause on water or on land.

I wasn't sure if Oty was going to make it to the race
and I was very happy to see her watching at the starting line.

Today I participated in my 5th Race for the Cure in memory of my good friend, Joanna Colada Domingo and in honor of my friends-  Oty, MJ and Lisa.  Breast cancer is such a devastating disease and I have unfortunately witnessed the impact it has had on some of my friends.  If you participated in the race today--- kudos.  If you didn't, there is always next year.

A BIG hug and thank you to my team, Save Our TaTas!  You guys rock!

Some of my team members in the background:
John, Bree and Nikki



1 comment:

  1. can you please contact me about your row for the cure photo? I would like to use it, but want your permission.

    Thanks!

    Cynthia
    cynthia.ma.castro@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete