Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here are the things I'm thankful for this year:

1. My beautiful daughter and my loving family- duh, always first on my list. 
2. My friends. 
3. My health.
4. The opportunities I've been given and the luck that has graced me this year.
5. That I learned how to surf. Really. I think learning how to handle myself in the ocean and being able to actually ride waves has changed my life for the better. I've learned lessons in patience and humility, I've met surfers and water people who've inspired me and I think my world has expanded in a positive way.

Funny, I actually spent this Thanksgiving morning surfing with my brother and friends at DogPatch. We roasted hot dogs, smothered them in chili and drank a couple incognito cocktails. The wind backed down, the tide dropped and I had a great time. Surfing and Thanksgiving- they definitely go together.

Good times-- Surfing for Thanksgiving with my bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment