Monday, October 17, 2011

Surfing Ain't Just About Standing Up

Surfing the Dogpatch, you're bound to share the waves with a few surfskiis, aka butt-boarders.  I was always curious about it but never really was interested in riding one.  The only reasons why I jumped on a  tandem surfski with Steve Boehne was that the surf was mediocre and it was Steve Boehne, founder of Infinity and tandem surfing world champion.  

I'm so glad I did!  What a blast!  It's a different type of high than SUP surfing.  I was a little nervous and excited at the same time.  It was so fun riding the waves, doing cut-backs and especially going off the lip. It was neat sitting at the base of the wave.  You get a different perspective of the waves.  I felt like I could see everything and Steve taught me how to read the waves. 

I enjoyed surfskiing and will definitely do it again but it still doesn't beat riding my BOGA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment