Saturday, October 29, 2011

IB Surfin'

Yesterday I didn't have a whole lot of free time in the morning before I had to head to work for a training in the afternoon. I had to settle my craving to surf and decided to surf local. I guess I could have hit the usual nearby destination-- Coronado Shores but I was ready to try out Imperial Beach. I've never really surfed IB by the pier. I've open ocean paddled past it to surf the Rivermouth. I used to be intimidated by IB's reputation of having a hard, fast wave. And I was ready for the challenge. I wanted it.

On my drive there, I was a little nervous. I arrived to nice, clean, waist-high glassy waves. I was stoked. Ideal conditions for me, especially in IB. Lefts?!-- good time to practice I thought since I favor going right.

I caught my first wave and found the speed exhilarating. I'm enjoying faster, steeper waves than the slow-rolling waves in Dogpatch (but DP is always fun no matter). I'm gaining more confidence in surfing more challenging waves and thinking about all the sweet places you can surf around the world excites me! Look out, I'm on a mission. Once I get rolling, nothing can stop me.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:IB

1 comment:

  1. Gotta come check you out one day...sounds pretty exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete