Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Last Day of Summer

I wasn't going to let the last day of summer slip away without putting in one more fun surf session.  We took the day off and started heading north.  We could have went straight to my typical fun zone - Dogpatch, but I wanted to check out something new.  My friend Reid has been telling me how fun it's been to surf Cardiff so I figured we should check it out.  When we got there, a mob of surfers were already out on the water.  Usually I don't like surfing when the waves are inundated with surfers, afraid of getting in their way or hitting someone.  I decided that I needed to get over it and just surf it.  I'd have to learn to surf through a crowd sooner or later and now was just a good a time as any.

My Boga never lets me down.  If you look real close-- you can see the swarm of surfers in the water.


It was meant to be.  Some surfers came down from San O saying the beach was closed due to a sewage spill (yuck!).  Plus, I had an awesome time surfing Cardiff.  I charged a couple of pretty big set waves.  I'm so much more comfortable with my surfing that the big waves don't scare me (but I'm not saying I'm ready for Mavericks... or ever will be.)  It ended up being a fun surf session!  I would have surfed longer but my hunger got the best of me.  We  found a cool breakfast spot close by.  Stay tuned for the post about this place.  For now, I've got to go pack my bags for the Philippines (flying out tonight).  From what I hear, there's surf there too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment