Monday, August 13, 2012

Ohana

I got to hang out with my favorite paddle-people this weekend, the Boga crew. Spending time with them confirmed for me what I love about the brand and why I'm stoked to endorse it. As I sat back in the simmering heat, sipping a Kraken-7, I couldn't help but notice the attention (and crowd) that Boga's boards attracted.  Boards from other brands sat sizzling away on the lake's scorching black sand while Boga boards were in constant rotation. The boards never even got a chance to dry out as one eager paddler after another would walk up and give them a test ride.  At first I thought it was the cool retro colors that made the boards so attractive to the learners.  But then I realized it was so much more than how the boards looked- it was about the feeling of Ohana that the Boga family creates everywhere they go. Ohana, in the Hawaiian language means family, when you meet the crew they make you feel like part of the family. Their boards feel accessible, like anybody can use them- like anybody should use them.  So while other boards were available to demo, it was the warmth and genuine feeling of inclusiveness that drew the crowds to Boga's little section of the beach. More than anything else, this happiness to share, the open feeling of ohana that Boga has created around their boards resonates with my own feelings and worldview. Stand up paddle is all about sharing the fun. To me, that's the true meaning of Boga

Watch out world- there's a new generation of standup paddlers on the rise!

No comments:

Post a Comment